Thursday, April 12, 2012



    Orpheus may have joined the elite protectors known as Eternal Guardians, but they've never trusted whose side he's really on. And the half-daemon couldn't care less. Orpheus has only one goal: rescue his brother from the Underworld. He's not expecting a woman to get in the way, especially not one sent by Zeus to seduce, entrap, and then ultimately destroy him. A woman who will dredge up a past he doesn't remember, a love that once condemned him, and a dark and deadly secret as old as the Eternal Guardians themselves. 

 Other books in the series:



About the autor:

 
                                                                   
      A former junior high science teacher, Elisabeth Naughton traded in her red pen and test tube set for a laptop and research books. She now writes sexy romantic adventure and paranormal novels full time from her home in western Oregon where she lives with her husband and three children. Her work has been nominated for numerous awards including the prestigious RITA® awards by Romance Writers of America, the Australian Romance Reader Awards, The Golden Leaf and the Golden Heart. When not writing, Elisabeth can be found running, hanging out at the ballpark or dreaming up new and exciting adventures.

Where to find more info:

Goodreads:  http://www.goodreads.com/elisabethnaughton 
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elisabeth.naughton1


 My review:

    I came across the first two book of the Eternal Guardian series in a discount bin at Walmart. I had never heard of Elisabeth Naughton before but I'm always on the look out for a new series and new to me authors. When I spotted two books in the same series I picked them up. When I read the synopsis the story line intrigued me so I bought them. They sat in my to be read pile for awhile until one day I decided I wanted a different theme then the ones I was reading. I started and finished Marked and Entwined in a day and a half. As soon as I was done I ran out and bought Tempted. I pre-ordered Enraptured as soon as I was able to and waited very impatiently.
    It was worth the wait this book is the best so far! Each book is from several points of view with the main focus on one of the eternal guardians and their love interest. The main characters in Enraptured is Orpheus and Skyla. He is an Argolean/Medean/daemon hybrid and newest member of the Argonauts and She is a siren and one of Zues' best assassins and both of them are stubborn smart-asses who think they're to dark and screwed up to be loved or to open up to love. Orpheus has been my favorite character from book one. I'm a sucker for the hero who thinks he's to damaged to actually be one. And to be honest I love the brooding sexy man who hides behind a bad attitude with sarcasm and smart-ass remarks and even though he goes though some changes in this book I think he will always be my favorite Argonaut. Skyla is new to this book but I easily like her from the beginning. She is a perfect match for Orpheus. I think there's are the hottest and most erotic scenes in the series. And I love there constant  battle to keep the upper hand on each other.
    With all of that said I don't need to tell you that I love this book! This book brings out emotion like any great book should. There are very strong female and even "stronger" males in this book. Lots of anticipation and action all the way though. With any great novel there is what I like to call the "grab your tissues" part of the book. That's when the tears spill over and from then on forget it your a girl they aren't stopping until the end. Now without giving any spoilers away I'm going to tell you what the two sentences in the book were for me.....Relief and something else, something he couldn't define, seeped into Orpheus's chest. "Thank you Dimiourgos," he wispered......Yah when you get there bring out the box of tissue you'll need it! (Dimiourgos is the Argolean word for creator).And then this (a tasty teaser for all)  "I choose you Deamon or no deamon not. Argonaut or not. Zeus and Athena are wrong about you, Orpheus. You're not evil"..."How can you be sure?"...."Because I watched you with your brother. An evil soul can't love like that"..."I don't have a soul-"...Yes, you do. One that deserves so much more than you've been given."  Ok all I can say is WOW!!! I love this series and this book is my favorite of the four by far. I recommend that anyone who has not picked up these books and read them do so as soon as possible! If your a lover of books like I am then I promise you, you will love this series.

  
And watch for the fifth book in the series- Enslaved
expected publication: November first 2012









2 comments:

  1. Great review!! I am going to have to check out this series!!!

    ReplyDelete