Monday, April 9, 2012

Hell's Phoenix by Gracen Miller


Going to Hell was supposed to save Madison, but knowing she’s dead because of his failure leaves Nix with only one thing to live for. Revenge. With Micah’s help he learns to use his Messianic power. Anything for Mads has become his mantra, even if it means killing innocents to gather the power he needs to succeed. A tsunami he unleashes on a Gulf Coast city is stopped with magical interference, and Nix is more than surprised to feel Madison in the opposing magic. Can he and Micah set a trap to lure her out?

Pandora’s Box…once you open it, there’s no turning back!

Madison has done the unthinkable, opened Pandora’s Box to save Nix from Hell. And failed. She’s willing to risk her own life to rescue Nix, but she worries about the welfare of her accomplice in the mission and leaving her son behind. Following up on a lead, she’s ambushed by Nix and Micah. Shocked and hurt to discover Nix has become a willing participant of Hell, she’s more certain than ever she won’t escape the demonic fate her husband outlined for her. While in Hell, she discovers denying the emergence of her succubus is futile, which means getting Nix out of Hell after embracing her inner demon just became a very real dilemma…



Where to find more info:
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12891034-hell-s-phoenix
Gracen Miller (author): http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Road-to-Hell-series/112564408814796http://madisonroadtohell.blogspot.com/

My Review
   I was so excited to receive my ARC of Hell's Phoenix and as soon as it was down loaded I started reading.  I didn't put it down until i was done. My eyes were so hung over from reading the book on my computer i had to take a break from reading for a couple of days but it was worth it! This book was so amazing and the characters were so much more in depth and defined than they were in Pandora's Box that I felt I knew them on a deep and personal level. Bravo Gracen, you topped a great book with an even better one and raising my excitement so high for the third book! I'm going to be pulling my hair out to get my hands on it.
   With that said let me tell you how this book made me feel. I've never been turned on by a blood bath before but the one in this book made me need a glass of ice water it was so hot. *winks at Gracen* There is alot of steamy scenes in this book and I know alot of hell hounds out there that are going to be very pleased with Madison's trip to hell. But I'm a Nix girl and just as Gracen warned me I was pissed off at him through at least a third of the book. I don't like it when my "bad boy" with the beautiful soul goes all soulless sociopath, lol, but it was cleverly written so that no matter how bad you think things could get there's always a way back to redemption. In the end I forgive him and love him more then ever.
   I really loved getting to know Zen alot more than I did before. He is one of my favorite characters and the more I know about him the more I love him. I also love his relationship with Mads and especially with Amos.  I think he is what will ultimately keep Amos grounded as he comes fully into his powers (that's just my guess). I was very intrigued by a couple of new characters introduced in this book and can't wait to  see more of them in book number three.
   Just like Pandora's Box, Hell's Phoenix left me hungry for more and chomping at the bit for the next dose of these addicting books. I just can't wait to see where Gracen will be taking us next on our road to hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment